ETSI announced the creation of OpenSlice, its first Software Development Group (SDG). TeraFlowSDN and Open Source MANO will collaborate with OpenSlice to enrich the suite of ETSI open source components. ETSI is officially recognized by the European Union as a European Standardization Organization (ESO).
ETSI OpenSlice will be focused in establishing an open-source, service-based Operations Support System (OSS) to deliver Network Slice as a Service (NSaaS) aligned with leading standards development organizations, including 3GPP, TM Forum and GSMA. OpenSlice is developed using ETSI Zero touch Service and Network Management (ETSI ZSM) principles, implementing the ETSI NFV data model and APIs. ETSI OpenSlice builds upon code seeds developed by European Research initiatives.
The founding members of the group include OpenSlice Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC), Instituto de Telecomunicações, Telefónica SA, University of Murcia, and University of Patras. They have already been joined by K3Y Ltd, Odin Solutions S.L. and Ubitech Ltd.
The kick off meeting of SDG OpenSlice group will be held in October in Castelldefels, Barcelona.
For more information, visit: www.teraflow-h2020.eu
TeraFlow – Secured autonomic traffic management for a Tera of SDN flows - is an EU-funded project under the Research and Innovation programme H2020 with the Grant Agreement Nº 101015857. TeraFlow will create a new type of secure cloud-native SDN controller that will radically advance the state-of-the-art in beyond 5G networks.
For further information about the project please contact TeraFlow Project Coordinator, Ricard Vilalta, CTTC: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other press releases:
- 11 February 2021 - EU-funded project TeraFlow to develop a novel and secure cloud-native SDN controller for beyond 5G networks
- 23 February 2022 - TeraFlow project launches the 1st release of a software-defined cloud-native SDN controller providing capabilities and deployments of Beyond 5G networks
- 31 May 2022 - ETSI launches a new open-source group: TeraFlowSDN
- 7 December 2022 - ETSI TeraFlowSDN Winner of the Layer123 Network Transformation ‘Upstart of the Year’ Award
- 2 February 2023 - ETSI launches second release of TeraFlowSDN, its open source Cloud-Native SDN Orchestrator and Controller for transport networks
- 22 February 2023 - ETSI TeraFlowSDN to serve as reference implementation for TIP
- 14 July 2023 - TeraFlow Introduces TeraFlowSDN 2.1: A Major Leap in Software-Defined Networking