TeraFlow aims to develop a Carrier Grade SDN controller for B5G networks, with high levels of reliability, redundancy and security. This refers to well-tested networks or infrastructures in relevant environments with solutions of TRL 5.
For this purpose, TeraFlow will be built upon three main pillars.
Autonomous Network and Compute Integration
- Compute Integration:
- High availability/serviceability
- Quality of Service/Quality of Experience
- Performance and efficiency
- Zero-touch operations
- Life-cycle management of transport network slices
- Attack prevention
- Resilient mechanisms
- Resource allocation per tenant
- Optimised network resource usage
- Isolation mechanisms
- Forensic analysis of allocated resources
- Novel Distributed Ledger Technology based on Blockchain
- Smart contracts
TeraFlow is a cloud-native SDN controller composed of multiple container-based services using novel virtualization techniques, which are deployed as micro-services and managed on elastic infrastructure through agile DevOps processes and continuous delivery workflows.
These micro-services are structure an application as a collection of interconnected and related services using a common integration fabric. In a micro-services architecture, services are simple and detailed and the protocols are lightweight.